Jim initially joined the BDF team in 2000 after working with BDF professionals in the launch of a cardiovascular device portfolio and division at Johnson & Johnson. He has worked exclusively in healthcare and consulting over the course of his professional career since 1992 and brings fourteen years of post-MBA experience in life sciences consulting, management and business development to the firm. Jim has worked with a wide range of major pharmaceutical, medical device and healthcare provider clients including Pfizer, Merck, Novartis, Sanofi Aventis, Medtronic, and Boston Scientific as well as many small to mid-size organizations and healthcare startups. His most recent efforts have been focused on market assessments, product evaluation and commercialization, and transaction analysis and support including closing of four recent financings.
- Established track record as engagement leader in the areas of strategic planning, product evaluation and commercialization, and opportunity assessment
- Led and executed engagements across therapeutic categories including oncology, cardiovascular, metabolic and infectious disease, critical care and pediatric medicine
- Business development, funding and transaction execution experience with biotech, medical device, pharmaceutical and healthcare information technology start-ups and commercial stage organizations
- Led projects in the development of programs to generate clinical data and proof of concepts for early stage life sciences products and technologies
- Ernst & Young, LLP
- Infusion Pharmaceutical Consulting
- Healthology iVillage / NBC Universal
- Johnson & Johnson
- Operation Smile Inc.
Education and Certifications
- MBA, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- MBA Exchange, ESADE University, Barcelona, Spain
- B.S., Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Certified Project Management Professional (Project Management Institute)