BDF and its Sibelius affiliate enjoy a recognized, long and valued reputation for success in defining and executing transactions. These transactions employ a wide diversity of deal-structures on both the buy and sell side and cover a wide spectrum of healthcare technologies, products and industry segments. As a small firm with deep experience in the industry, BDF is able to apply senior-level professional attention to ensure optimal deal terms and successful execution on a consistent basis. Our professionals have completed multiple recent deals ranging from $5 million to $100 million in transaction value.
Transactional initiatives and projects are segregated into two categories – Product-defined transactions and corporate-defined transactions:
[sc:box-half-blue title=”Product-Defined Transactions” content=”
- In-licensing and out-licensing
- Product and technology acquisition
- Divestiture of non-strategic products or facility assets
- Monetization of sub-optimized research and intellectual property assets
[sc:box-half-red-last title=”Corporate-Defined Transactions” content=”
- Partnerships (commercial or developmental)
- Funding relationships
- Joint ventures
- Spin-outs and private placements
All transactional projects, at the product and corporate level, are guided by our extensive life sciences background and established C-Suite relationships. Our senior professionals bring the right skill set mix with expertise in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutics, drug development, commercialization, manufacturing, accounting and finance – and provide hands-on support across all aspects of a transaction including:
- Partner and opportunity identification and vetting
- Briefing material, investment document, business case and other document prep
- Financial modeling, cash flow analysis and valuation support
- Scenario and risk analysis
- Due diligence execution and support
- Negotiation preparation and third-party outreach
Our transaction advisory approach is driven by a disciplined process that closely matches client needs with available and actionable opportunities to identify a universe of executable targets.
Throughout the process, deal characteristics are modified accounting for time, strategic need, competitive landscape, economic and financial and structural imperatives.
Throughout the deal continuum, we remain closely involved with all deal parties, providing pro-active support to ongoing deal activity and remain engaged until successful deal closure